Lord God, maker of heaven & earth, all that’s in them, of this day, and maker of me;
These days flow into each other like so many beads on a string and I barely know which one this is. I wake, sleep, wake again—and it seems the same. I may be…
- in endless cycles of caring & cleaning up;
- restless & anxious at night, unable to sleep
- working at all hours with no boundaries;
- or barely working, feeling a void where once I had a purpose and a part to play.
- skim headlines only to see confusion, chaos, cluelessness, & blame outside of me… that too often matches what’s inside me.
- forget to eat, exercise, pray, or be still
- or I want to, but can’t seem to get there.
Help me. Remind me that this is your day and I can rejoice in that.
Do not ignore my needs or lessen my hope.
Give me bread enough for this day.
So guide and govern me that I neither forget you nor fail this test. Be gracious.
Place me with your son, and keep me there—that whether I wake or sleep, I’m with you.
Thanks to Eric Brown for sharing a printable version of this prayer.
Leave a Reply