Oh Lord, in whose shelter we dwell, who guards our lives & protects us day & night:
Do all that for your servants here.
As they tend to us when we are sick, broken, hurting, and dying, they imitate you.
As Cyril said, you are our great Physician, who girded yourself with the linen of humanity and healed that which was sick. You scrubbed up & came here to save us.
Protect and guard them and their families:
- From our stupidity or carelessness that devalues them or puts them at risk.
- From viral contagion or infection’s consequences which lay them low.
- From the fear of being unable to act or care as they are trained and desire.
- From the anguish and burden of life-and-death decisions and dilemmas.
- From the worry and concern they bear for families & loved ones when they come home.
If isolated or ill let them hear your still voice.
And as they face “the changes and chances of this mortal life, defend them by your gracious and ready help” in Jesus’ name.
@andycornett Ps 89/BOCP for protection