God – You who created all things, who holds all things together, and restores all things in Jesus Christ:
I have a hard time saying what I feel right now – even knowing what it is I feel.
- angry at the politics, calculations, and corruption present in our world.
- disappointed by how brittle and broken everything seems revealed to be.
- just sad at the selfishness and stupidity exposed all around me – and truth be told, inside me.
- bitter about the losses we experience: lost hopes, plans, trips, time, experiences, health, even life itself – things both normal and exceptional that we had our hearts set on.
It is so much easier to talk about the dark than paint pictures of the light
– to hang my head instead of look up and look out.
I need a new way – one that lets me look unflinchingly at both the sheer awfulness and the grief we feel, yet hold on to hope for a brighter vision and and better hope
Help me believe that first line when I begin to despair – because this just sucks.
Show me that you who were Lord of all things were rejected, suffered, broken, and killed.
You went to hell so that sin and death do not have the last word, but all who trust in you will have unshakeable life.
Remind me that you hold me together, too.
And give me courage to stand and sing and strive to be part of your healing work, for the glory of Jesus.