God, I’m a mess of thoughts & feelings.
- Strangely thrilled- but stuck at home, boring days and ever-changing class stuff
- Angry at how my semester ends like this.
- Hating this might screw up my summer
- Sad: grieving the loss of … sports seasons, classes & teachers I enjoy, teammates, performances, laughter, trips, parties…
- Aching: I miss friends and ability to get out
Teach me to be honest with you. give me:
- patience for my teachers & school admin making the best of a sudden stop.
- a will to love my family as Jesus loved me, even when my heart isn’t in it.
- grace for all struggling who only you know
- compassion for my neighbors, the sick, vulnerable, and all in danger from this virus
When I’m lonely, be for me a friend closer than any. You see, hear, & are with me.
When I’m full of fear, help me hear Jesus say: “Do not be afraid! It is me”
Make me a student of you, growing in knowledge of your truth, that I might worship & serve you all my life.
Leave a Reply